Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sometimes you have to take a stand

Today I formally withdrew from the Democratic Party. I have always been a Democrat, even when I was more independent than they were. I could always forgive the lapses in judgment, overly conservative actions, numskull blue dog legislators but this time I've had my fill.

The war in Iraq is too important an issue to bandy about. We are losing dozens of great American lives every month, hundreds wounded in the most horrible and debilitating ways. Getting us out of Iraq should consume Congress' every move, every breath, every piece of legislation. Instead, we have a MAJORITY party taking all their clues from the MINORITY party. I helped elect a great batch of legislators in 2006 to get us out of Iraq and start to fix the horrible state the Republicans have left this country.

Boy, was I snookered.

My former Party has rolled over on every descent piece of legislation to come before their chambers. All the Repugs had to do is whine and snivel, call the Dems names and question their patriotism. The Dems will ALWAYS rollover!

Let me say that again:
THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY WILL ALWAYS ROLL OVER!

Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, my senators Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell - all of them. They are too gutless to stand up to the GOP, the party of greed, corruption and waste. How tough is it to look Boehner and McConnell in the eyes and say "To Hell with you and your party. Wanna filibuster? Make my day!"
It would force to Republicans to show the American people just how shallow and corrupt they are. Force them to defend the indefensible, the banal, the blatant power grabs. Force them to show the American people just what bastards they truly are.

As of now, I am a Liberal Independent with NO party affiliation.

1 comment:

Ivy P said...

Awesome blog yyou have here